Applying to the Dual BA Program
Notes on the Application Process
- The application for the Dual BA Program Between Columbia University and Sciences Po can be found online.
- Students may not apply for the Dual BA Program via the Common Application.
- The Dual BA Program does not offer an Early Decision or Early Action option. View the full application timeline.
- Standardized Testing: Due to ongoing testing disruptions for both the SAT and ACT exams associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, the Dual BA Program is adopting a one-year test-optional policy for first-year Anglophone applicants for Fall 2023. For more information regarding standardized testing requirements, please visit the Standardized Testing page.
- Mid-Year/Semester Grades: Mid-Year/Semester grades are not officially required to apply to the Dual BA Program, however, they may be beneficial to the review of a student's application file. If a student wishes to submit mid-year grades, they may be emailed to us directly at [email protected] in January.
- School Profiles: While also not required, a school profile is a useful tool for the admissions team during the application process. School profiles may be included along with official documents, sent via email to [email protected], or uploaded as a supporting document in the online application.
- Counselor Letters of Recommendation: Students applying to the Dual BA Program must submit two academic letters of recommendation. While one of these letters may be from a counselor, counselor letters are not required. If a student has selected you as one of their recommenders, you will be notified via email.
Simultaneously Applying to Other Undergraduate Colleges Within Columbia University
The admissions process for the Columbia University International Dual Degree Programs is administered by the School of General Studies and is highly selective. Please see below for additional information about applying to the Dual BA Program:
- Students may not simultaneously apply to the Dual BA Program and to Columbia College (CC) or Columbia Engineering (SEAS).
- Students are not eligible to apply to the School of General Studies, including the Dual BA Program if in the last three years they were rejected by CC/SEAS.
- Students who have applied Early Decision to CC/SEAS are not eligible to apply to the Dual BA Program, regardless of their admission decision, including if the student was waitlisted.
- Students may not apply to more than one Columbia International Dual Degree Program.
Class of 2026 Profile
Important admissions statistics related to the incoming class, including application numbers, average test scores, nationality, and more, are published annually. View the Class of 2026 profile.
Connect With Us
- Information Sessions: Students interested in learning more about the Dual BA Program are invited to attend a variety of virtual and in-person information sessions and programming.
- Phone Appointments: Students are also encouraged to make an appointment to speak directly with a representative from the Office of Admissions. As a counselor, you may also sign up for an appointment, or you can email us directly.